Journey Beyond Travel wants to take you to all the special places we've come to know and love in Morocco. Our aim is to always meet the needs of travelers through careful planning and flexibility. We live up to our vision of responsible tourism that gives back to the local people and environment. Let us take you "...beyond the destination!"
We Set the Standard
- Our highly knowledgeable staff lives and works in Morocco, making us the country's most renowned Morocco tour operator. A number of our team members are former Peace Corps Volunteers and Staff. No one knows the country better.
- Rather than simply sightsee, you'll experience Morocco's wonderful people, landscapes, colors, and flavors. With Journey Beyond Travel you are not a tourist, but a traveler!
- Our quality of service, flexibility, and communication are unmatched. We are Morocco's most customer-centric operator making us the benchmark of quality service for Morocco's travel sector.
- We have decades of combined in-country experience, have lived in various regions, speak the local languages, and can help you arrange a customized tour to give you the best local experience.
- We are ecologically and culturally sensitive. A percentage from every tour goes towards sustainable development projects.
- Our cutting-edge "green" website is hosted on wind-powered servers. We continually offer updated and real travel information via our innovative Morocco Travel Guide and newsletter. We want you to have a stunning tour whether you travel with us or not.
- With each tour, clients can choose to donate to tree-planting projects around the country. Another way you can help Morocco go green!
We Stand Out
What makes us truly stand out as Morocco's premier tour operator is all the little extras we do, along with our local guides, drivers, and staff (the finest in Morocco), who go beyond the call of duty to give you a truly intimate experience of the country. Before comparing our prices with other companies, read all the fine print. Verify that they are a legally registered entity. Most other companies are not actually located in Morocco. We are! A majority of others operate from abroad and use an in-country 'partner,' which is most often a transport company who is not a licensed tour operator. In the United States, we are Journey Beyond Travel LLC. In Morocco, we are Journey Beyond S.A.R.L. Also, be sure that the company is insured and bonded, won't charge you extra when you arrive (often called an "in-country fee") and have your best interests in mind. Our foreign and local staff have been living, working, and traveling here for years! If price is the only concern, you won't find the cheapest packages here. We simply won't compromise on quality. But, if having a trip that runs like clockwork, offers special amenities, takes you into the heart of each region, and offers you an unforgettable journey, then you've found the perfect match. We wholeheartedly welcome you to go "beyond the destination" with us!
We Are Sustainable, Responsible, and Eco Friendly
Every traveler who comes on a trip has the opportunity to carbon offset their holiday with a small donation to the High Atlas Foundation. All proceeds go directly to tree planting initiatives. Some of this includes fruit and nut tree planting so that local co-ops can start sustainable businesses.
On tours, our clients visit various co-ops throughout Morocco. Depending upon the location, many of these are local women's co-ops that produce various products, both natural and artisinal. Money collected directly benefits these foundations and the women who work there.
Additionally, our clients have special opportunities to visit villages throughout the country with local guides who work directly with our team. In turn, these guides oversee some initiatives in their villages that we help sponsor, from collecting funds and supplies to local schools, to starting local foundations and co-ops.
Our trips are all small scale. We do not arrange trips that promote mass tourism, but focus our efforts on small groups who fit our niche. We are proud to work with small, privately owned guesthouses and lodges across the spectrum. This includes eco-lodges in various regions in the country. Supporting these establishments helps bring awareness to the region of the benefits of sustainable business ventures.
Quality Service and Accommodations
Pay special attention to the type of accommodations listed with each of our tours. We judge each hotel independently, in person. We rate each one on its own merit and by our strict quality standards. A hotel or riad (guesthouse) that claims five-star status may not deserve it. So, we might label it differently. In regard to price differences with other companies, note what sort of room you'll get in each location according to the type of tour you are taking. While another company might give you a standard room, we'll reserve the suite. It's these subtle differences in quality and thinking that make Journey Beyond Travel stand out from the crowd.
Education for All in Morocco
Village of Khemlia
High Atlas Foundation
1 855 687 6676 (US Toll Free) | +1 765 387 4404 (Worldwide) | +44 (0) 20 8123 8708 (UK)
See Our Phone Hours | Schedule a Phone Call
[email protected] | Download Brochure | Sitemap |